Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Gmbh Jobs in Ethiopia : Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
We have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. Of our 18,260 employees in some 120 countries, almost 70 per cent are national personnel working in the field.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards with regard to transparency and accountability. German and European values are central to our work. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments benefit from our services, too.
In Ethiopia GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years jointly with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Further programmes enhance the development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies.
The Better Migration Management (BMM) project aims to respond to an overall objective to improve migration management in the region, and in particular to curb the trafficking of human beings and the smuggling of migrants within, though, and from the Horn of Africa. The BMM project is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in partnership with European and International agencies, such as IOM and Expertise France.
The BMM project is an example of cooperation between the European Commission and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). To facilitate the implementation of the BMM project, GIZ is recruiting a Procurement and Logistics Officer to be based in Addis Ababa under the supervision of the BMM Country Coordinator to assist in BMM implementation in Ethiopia and Djibouti.
Job Title: Receptionist
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Required Candidate: One
Application deadline: January 21, 2018
- Liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, personally welcoming visitors, ensuring registration and maintaining a high standard in the reception area;
- Dealing with phone calls, ensuring incoming and outgoing calls are efficient and uninterrupted;
- Responsible for taxi and local transport bookings for the BMM programme in Addis Ababa;
- Responsible for the administrative processes and follow-up involved in flight bookings; and
- Assisting with filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Answers and accepts phone calls and messages and/or forwards them timely and accurately;
- Maintains a call back list of all incoming calls that, cannot be taken by the relevant staff member;
- Registers, documents, and organises incoming and outgoing correspondence (including without limitation fax, general emails, packages, and personally delivered messages);
- Local travel management for BMM staff and partners, including:
- Arranging local transport services either with BMM vehicles or taxis service providers;
- Arranging accommodation in Addis Ababa for arriving staff, partners, short-term and long-term experts and other visitors; and
- Assisting visitors to Addis Ababa with other logistical issues (e.g. visa, security check, hotel, general information etc.) during their assignment in coordination with the Finance and Admin Coordinator.
- Maintaining information board for duty trips and leave days;
- Ensuring that the necessary office supplies are available and conducting procurement of office supplies as needed;
- Reporting damage to GIZ BMM office property to the Finance and Admin Coordinator;
- Organises and monitors the service and repair of office equipment;
- Supporting the BMM staff in any other office management duty needed, such as
photocopying and scanning documents as needed;
- Works according to GIZ rules and regulations, treats information confidentially,
specifically, in the areas of personnel and finance;
- Ensuring that tasks are carried out smoothly within the assigned area of responsibility
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software (word, excel, PowerPoint), phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Good self-organizational skill;
- Ability to work structured and maintain the overview in a complex environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- Stress tolerance and patience;
- Discipline and punctuality;
- Meeting guests and visitors with a friendly demeanour; and
- Maintaining confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- College or University Degree or Similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar occupations
- Certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised college is a plus;
- Fluent professional Amharic required and knowledge of Tigrinya, Oromiffa, Afaar, and/or Arabic would be a substantial benefit; and
- Good spoken and written English is required and a knowledge of German or French language will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the subject line with the position title. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged