Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Gmbh Jobs in Ethiopia : Financial Controller
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
Around the world, we have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards of transparency and accountability. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments also benefit from our services.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years together with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Other programmes e.g. enhance development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies in Ethiopia.
For GIZ Country Office in Addis Ababa, we are looking for a Finance Controller.
Position: Financial Controller
Remuneration: As per the GIZ scale
Application deadline: October 23, 2018
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
A. Overall Responsibilities
The Controller will be in charge of various financial and non-financial processes. In close cooperation with the Director Administration and Finance and the projects in the country, she/he will be responsible for the maintenance (and further improvement) of the financial planning and reporting procedures.
· Financial planning and forecasting with the projects including process coordination and consolidation (Expenditure Planning).
· Preparation of monthly financial reports for the management board (including analysis, comments & discussions).
· Advisory Service towards projects regarding Financial Management instruments.
· Preparing the budget for the country office including adaptations and deviation analysis.
· Coordination of several financial topics with GIZ Head Quarter (budgets, key figures, etc.).
· Distribution of country office costs to programs (time sheets, IT cost distribution, etc.).
Supporting the Director Administration and Finance with ad-hoc analysis.
A. Required educational qualifications, professional experience and competency
· University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or related field.
· Proven know-how of methods and processes for commercial steering (planning and reporting, financial KPI analysis)
· Professional experience of at least 5 years in an international environment.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Excel skills.
· A candidate with SAP-knowledge will have an advantage
· Excellent English communication skills are a must.
· German language skills would be a significant advantage.
B. Personal and social competency
· Excellent analytical and conceptual skills in combination with a supportive and service-oriented attitude towards the various internal clients.
· Ability to perform tasks efficiently and professionally in a highly organized manner.
· Highly service-oriented character and solution-oriented mindset.
· Takes over responsibility for the tasks assigned to her/him and carries them out independently.
· Good team worker and efficient communicator; ability to advise internal and external partners.
· Has flexibility, is willing to learn, has a constructive approach to challenges.
· Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.