Deputy Nutrition and Health Program Manager at Action Against Hunger
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 50+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 4 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP).
For our Nutrition & Health department in Gambella, we are currently looking for the following professional:
Deputy Nutrition and Health Program Manager
Work Base: Nguenyyiel- Gambella
- Provide support for the definition and follow-up of the projects to implemented nutritional program
- Supervise and train the nutrition team (incl. OTP mobile team and TFU nurse), so as to improve the management of malnourished patients.
- Ensure that the objectives of project supervision and animation of the teams are met in the absence of the PM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Objective 1 : Supervise Action Against Hunger team:
- Participate in the recruiting process;
- Report training needs to the PM;
- Assist in the implementation of training sessions in the nutrition department on the base;
- Organize training and refreshers training courses for the team;
- Explain and ensure application of the nutrition protocols;
- Supervise, check and analyze the daily and monthly reports of the team.
Objective 2 : Improve the quality of programmes
- Participate in field assessment in order to identify the needs;
- Collect, cross check and correct weekly and monthly statistics/ activity report from the mobile teams/sites;
- Draft weekly and monthly reports for the nutrition program and analyze the nutrition situation and the performance of the team/programme;
- Participate in the definition/modification of the programs, follow-up and evaluation;
- Identify possible work or team problems, try to solve them and report to the PM ;
- If there is any problem, analyze, report and find solution for that problem.
Objective 3: Provide technical, organizational support and supervision to the existing health structures:
- Ensure that the protocols /guidelines are strictly followed and implemented
- Providing and participating in continuous and practical training, supervision and monitoring of the existing health structures
- Supervise the OTP/SC/SFP program
- Ensuring that the existing health structures (HP) will conduct systematic screening, record and report the children who come for consultation where OTPs are implemented
Objective 4 : Supervise the management of supplies (therapeutic foods (F75/F100), RUTF, CSB+, medicines and medical and anthropometric equipment):
– Collect, check and complete the orders before have them validated by the PM
- Check the coherence of the state of stocks with the orders
- Check that the medicines, the therapeutic food and RUTF and are delivered on time;
- Take delivery of the orders.
- Consolidate the monthly consumption report;
Objective 5: Liaise with the authorities/partners
- Communicate the programme’s activities to the authorities/partners
- Represent Action Against Hunger in meeting with authorities/partners when needed at woreda level.
Objective 6: Ensure the interim for the Programme Manager when absent.
- Take the responsibilities and task assigned by PM/FC during the PMs absence
Educational / Professional Background: : BSc. Degree in Health Officer or Clinical Nursing with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian organization (NGOs)
Required skills: Humanitarian experience in nutrition, good analysis capacity, skills in training and team management, skills budget management, Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, and Internet. Patience, good relations with other people, good capacity to work in a team, capacity to manage priorities, precision, capacity to share knowledge and train colleagues, knowing the local language; willingness to work under pressure and extra hours, extremely flexible, able to work independently, have the ability to cope with stressful situations, good organizational and interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to work in remote areas. Good knowledge in health & nutrition, CMAM protocol, CBN protocol, ICCM & CMNCH protocols and IYCF policy.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Deputy Health and Nutrition Program Manager” written in the subject line, and two references to the following addresses:
· Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, (On the way to Meskel Flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ): or
· Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger, Gode, Sekota, Gambella, Mega, and Hirna offices ; or Gimbi office next to family Guidance Association office.
Deadline: Monday, 26 January 2020 before 5:00 pm
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be communicated On and selection process includes technical test and an interview.