Deputy Food Security & Livelihood Program Manager at Action Against Hunger
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 45+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 4 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Psycho-social Support (MHPSS).
We are currently looking for the following professional:
Deputy Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager
General Assignment: Responsible to implement /or assist FSL-PM at least two quick impact projects in food security that will address short term IDP and host community needs in Kamashi Zone so that food insecurity amongst the IDP and host community is reduced
Objective 1: Assist the PM to promote the comprehension of food security project in the intervention area (Kamashi):
- Collect and evaluate information on food security and the livelihood conditions of the populations;
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations;
- Propose how to meet these needs;
- Participate actively in developing a food security project formulation;
- Implement and coordinate the FSL program activities in the intervention area.
- Contribute towards the elaboration of proposals;
- To critically follow evolution of the Food / Livelihood Security in the area
Objective 2: Project Management and Support to Program Manager
- Ensure project activities are in accordance with the project documents
- Coordinate the information and projects coming from facilitation of teams on the project, implementation for purchasing, and ordering materials (for early implementation).
- Submit compiled and analysed field reports that are from the grass root implementers and from team leaders.
- Budget management and Follow up (Review BFU and Re planning)
- Understand and develop team budgets and monitor budget utilization.
- Develop project work and share project work plans.
Objective 3: Team management:
- Organise the sub base team work and plan of actions (planning responsibilities);
- Identify teams` training needs and develop the capacity of the team by delivering on job training ;
- Work and collaborate transparently and efficiently with all the support departments both at base and capital levels.
Objective 4: Represent Action Against Hunger to the authorities and to other partners and communities as required
- Take delegations from the PM, act on behalf, and discharge the expected responsibility, in the intervention area.
- Participate on meetings, workshop and forum that concern the organization mainly those in Zone and Woreda
- Work in partnership principle with stakeholders and partners at the intervention area.
- Explain the project’s activities and objectives to partners and communities as needed.
Objective 5: Additional Responsibilities
- Perform any additional task assigned by line managers, (N+1) in line with job description and plan of action.
Educational / Professional Background:
- BA Degree/Masters in agricultural, agricultural economics, and development studies and related fields with a minimum of three years of professional experience in food Security and livelihood (preferably in NGO work environment) in similar capacity.
- Proven track record on Food/Livelihood security project management and project implementation. Good technical Knowledge on needs assessment, project formulation and Monitoring/Management. Good analytical skill – capacity to organise and supervise the team – Capacity to establish and develop a network of professional contacts/Good Computer skill/Good working knowledge of English ( read, write and speak), capacity to respect deadlines/Willing to share information and communicate transparently/Team player.
Relevant Work Experience:
- The candidate/employee should have at least minimum 3 years proven experience in NGO setting especially on food Security, livelihood, and Disaster Risk Management program; specifically on agriculture, animal health, IGA, Cash programming, Experience in the region or locality is required
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of: none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Deputy FSL Program Manager” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 2357, (On the way to Meskel Flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ): or
Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger, Gode, Sekota, Gambella, Mega, Wollega and Hirna offices ;
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
“Local Language Gumuz Is Mandatory”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be, communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.