Department for International Development Jobs in Ethiopia : C1 Assistant Programme Officer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Department for International Development – DFID
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Reporting line: Deputy Programme Manager
The jobholder will be required to support programme administration team and advisers within DFID Ethiopia Programme teams.
Financial Administration (40%):
- Keeping up-to-date records of all financial expenditure for the Ethiopia Programme.
- Ensuring Payment Authorisation Form have been appropriately completed.
- Maintain a list of all payments against each project.
- Follow up on any outstanding invoices.
- Maintain the Programme Spreadsheet and provide information to the Programme Team for financial returns.
- Make consultancy payments within the deadline.
- Ensure all disputed invoices are recorded.
- Follow up on suspense amounts and provide update on progress.
Project Administration (40%):
- Drafting project documentation e.g. completing the information on the Project Header Sheet and Authority to Engage Form for employing Consultants.
- Support the Programme Team by liaising with HQ functional Departments (Accounts team in the UK, Procurement Department, etc)
- Ensure required documents are provided on time for setting up of management information on ARIES.
- Ensure that all reports are received from project implementers / partners on a timely basis.
Administrative Support (20%)
- Help in organising visits/meeting/trainings/workshops (handling logistics, sending out invitations and appointments, , organising refreshments, taking minutes and circulating in a timely manner).
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Team.
- Take note of the entire programme meeting.
- Ensure that all programme events, consultants visits are on the calendar.
- Provide ad hoc support to the team as required.
- Basic knowledge of the systems and processes related to expenditure management on projects and programmes.
- Knowledge of the Accountable Grant Scheme procedures and how to check and monitor this scheme.
- Understanding of the Programme Cycle Management.
- Understanding of the importance of accurate and up-to-date management information.
- Basic knowledge of financial administration.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work and deal with a number of matters simultaneously avoiding backlogs of work.
- Ability to take responsibility for quality of work, and able to correct and learn from errors.
- Ability to identify and resolve minor work problems, for example in the checking and payment of invoices.
- Computer literate and familiar with basic features and use of CODA/MIS and PRISM.
- Able to create and use simple spreadsheets.
- Able to create clear and accurate first drafts of project documentation, correspondence, and minutes or notes of meetings.
- Able to listen well and communicate effectively with colleagues in DFID and externally.
How to Apply
DFID is committed to equal opportunities in its staffing policy and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Selection will be on merit.
The full Job Description, Application Form and Civil Service Behaviors can be found at:
The candidate must complete and send the application form to [email protected] with a copy of their most recent CV. The subject line MUST read “ETH/1901”.
Failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application not being considered. The closing date for the vacancy is COP on 27 January 2019. If no response has been received after 2 weeks from the closing date, consider the application as unsuccessful.