Department for International Development Jobs in Ethiopia : B2 Programme Officer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Department for International Development – DFID
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Reporting line: Deputy Programme Manager
The B2 programme officer has a key role in managing and delivering DFID Ethiopia’s programmes. S/he is primarily responsible for programme and financial management, support assigned programme team for effective implementation of programme through working with government agencies, service providers, other donors and Civil Society Organisations.
- Programme management: Handle programme management tasks such as programme design, formalising commitments, mobilising procurement, monitoring and evaluation such as participating reviews, field visits and timely reporting efficiently and quickly, and in line with DFID policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow up on the status and update on programme logframes, delivery plans and risk matrix along with SRO/lead advisor
- Lead on reviewing of quarterly reports and other TWG meetings as necessary.
- Input into DFID-E corporate reporting either through the Deputy Programme Manager or the Operational Excellence Team.
- Drafting briefings, correspondence, presentations etc.
- Archiving closed programmes following DFID’s guidelines and procedures.
- Procurement: Lead on procurement tasks including drafting TOR, contract negotiation, contract management, contract amendments, and other tasks along with PCD and local contract officer.
- Financial Management: proactively manage financial forecasts, working closely with spending partners, advisers, SROs to create realistic and up to date spending forecasts over the Financial Year, and accurate budget profiling for outer years, ensuring these are regularly updated in DFID system.
- Review partner/supplier financial reports and ensure all payments meet DFID’s financial rules and agreed project payment requirements
- Ensuring audit report/IFR and/or Annual Audited Statements for assigned programmes are received, reviewed and findings pro-actively followed up along with SRO and other donors as relevant
- Documentation: Enter key docs and information into AMP and Vault including audit reports, updated logframes, AR, business cases, reports, etc.
- Provide support to lead advisers in the team as required.
- Representing DFID, attend external meetings, field visits etc and report back (written and oral) to the team.
- Respond to enquiries both within DFID and externally.
- Understanding of the Programme Cycle Management/SMART guide.
- Working knowledge of the systems and processes related to expenditure management on projects and programmes.
- Working knowledge and practical experience on programme management
- Understanding of the importance of accurate and up-to-date management information.
- Working knowledge and practical experience on financial management/ administration.
- Working knowledge on procurement and partner management
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work and deal with a number of matters simultaneously avoiding backlogs of work.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to take responsibility for quality of work, and to identify and resolve minor work problems.
- Computer literate and familiar with basic features and use of simple spreadsheets.
- Able to create clear and accurate first drafts of project documentation, correspondence, and notes of meetings.
- Able to listen well and communicate effectively with colleagues in DFID and externally.
How to Apply
DFID is committed to equal opportunities in its staffing policy and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Selection will be on merit.
The full Job Description, Application Form and Civil Service Behaviors can be found at:
The candidate must complete and send the application form to [email protected] with a copy of their most recent CV. The subject line MUST read “ETH/1901”.
Failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application not being considered. The closing date for the vacancy is COP on 27 January 2019. If no response has been received after 2 weeks from the closing date, consider the application as unsuccessful.