Department for International Development Jobs in Ethiopia : B1 Deputy Programme Manager
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Department for International Development – DFID
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
The B1 Programme Manager has a key role in team portfolio management to deliver DFID Ethiopia’s objectives and commitments. S/he is primarily responsible for coordination, leadership and support to the programme team through working with government, other donors and civil society organisations.
- With the Team Leader and SROs, take responsibility for overall programme management of the team portfolio, delivering through a programme team of four staff POs/ PA.
- Ensure compliance with DFID rules across the programme portfolio and provide advice to Advisers/ SROs on how to ensure their programmes fit with these.
- quality assure all programmes have current risk registers, delivery plans and delivery chain maps and have meet Transparency requirements
- Represent DFID at meetings with donors and other partners and provide backstopping support to advisers in the team
- Quality assuring drafted MoUs, Project Memorandum, submissions, ToRs and other project documents in partnership with other team members.
- Participate in appraisal and monitoring missions, actively follow up progress reports and quality assure they follow reporting procedures as laid out in the Project Memorandum.
- Coordinate team’s commercial requirements, issues and responses and provide feedback to DPO and as necessary escalate.
- Take the lead on ensuring commercial excellence for the team Ensure Value for Money (VfM) through good programme management and commercial practice.
Programme Finance and Administration
- Ensure strong financial management of team’s portfolio.
- Provide quality advice to team members and cross- DFID-E on programme, financial and system issues.
- Quality assures programme/project expenditure against commitments and forecasts are accurate and timely; adjust programme finances in line with the guidance.
- Ensure programme team is keeping up to date records in Vault.
- Ensure follow up on audits visit recommendations.
- Respond and coordinate to other corporate requests as required.
- Provide support and manage three programme staff (2 POs and 1 PA) and ensure that they are performing their roles to a high standard. Support incoming new staff with induction.
- Ensure responsibilities in the programme team are delegated proportionately and staffs are provided with necessary coaching to carry out tasks accordingly. Ensure staffs are given adequate stretch and development opportunities.
- Encourage team working and ensure that working styles contribute to the delivering as one agenda.
Key core competencies required:
- Seeing the Big Picture: understand the strategic drivers for your area of work. Align activities to contribute to wider organisational priorities.
- Making effective decisions: understand own level of responsibility and empower others to make decisions where appropriate. Analyse and use a range of relevant, credible information from internal and external sources to support decisions.
- Working together: encourage joined up team work within own team and across other groups. Establish professional relationships with a range of stakeholders and collaborate with these to share information, resources and support.
- Leadership: ensure colleagues and stakeholders have a clear understanding of objectives, activities and time-frames taking into account different individual needs, views, and ideas, championing inclusion and equality of opportunity for all.
- Communicating and influencing: communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximize understanding and impact.
- Delivering at Pace: show a positive approach to keeping the whole team’s efforts focused on the top priorities. Ensure the most appropriate resources are available for colleagues to use to do their job effectively.
How to Apply
DFID is committed to equal opportunities in its staffing policy and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Selection will be on merit.
The full Job Description, Application Form and Civil Service Behaviors can be found at:
The candidate must complete and send the application form to [email protected] with a copy of their most recent CV. The subject line MUST read “ETH/1901”.
Failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application not being considered. The closing date for the vacancy is COP on 27 January 2019. If no response has been received after 2 weeks from the closing date, consider the application as unsuccessful