Datacenter Technician at Ethiopian Commodity Exchange
- Company: Ethiopian Commodity Exchange
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent, and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation, and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position Title: – Datacenter Technician
Job Grade: – 7
Duty Station: – Addis Ababa/Head Office
Availability: – As soon as possible
– The purpose of data center technician is to diagnose issues, assess performance, and implement strategies to move data center equipment and all related infrastructure systems toward peak performance. This will include electrical, fire suppression, and cooling systems. Day-to-day activities will require the ability to detect, prevent, and/or remedy potential issues within the datacenter and DR Site infrastructure.
Summary Of Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure maintenance, repair, installation and operation of the datacenter facility such as electrical systems, mechanical systems and fire suppression systems.
- Operates and maintains the exchanges data center to assure 100% uptime
- Ensures that the exchanges data center comply with international standards
- Operates data center equipment to obtain maximum effectiveness and efficiency (safety, cost, equipment longevity, and reliability).
- Works with external maintenance and service delivery vendors to provide successful build implementations within specified timelines.
- Participates in all datacenter change management processes including risk assessment and procedural development and review.
- Works closely with the IT Infrastructure team in problem resolution and trending.
- Maintains raised-floor in the datacenter
- Facilitates cleaning and dust removal process at the datacenter
- Maintains optimum room temperature for the datacenter
- Participates in the development of facilities budget for maintenance, repairs, capital, and general operating costs; bottom-up development of yearly budgets.
- Responsibility and oversight for external vendor implementations, including review and approval of proposed Service Level Agreements and Contract changes.
- Prepare and manage datacenter facilities documentation
- Coordination with all other groups (NOC, network, system, storage, etc.)
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· MSC/BSC. in information technology, computer science, and electrical engineering, Electromechanical engineering, Mechanical engineering any other related fields
· 2/4 years’ experience in data center administration, electrical maintenance, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering
· Should have Hands-on experience in Generators, Air Conditioners, Fire suppression systems, etc.
Method of Application
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: [email protected] or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before May 28, 2020. ***** PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. ***** ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.