IT and Database Assistant (Gambella) at Dan Church Aid
- Company: Dan Church Aid
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works include humanitarian response, food security, resilience building of vulnerable community members and gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
Currently DCA Ethiopia Gambella Office is looking for a competent IT and Database Assistant.
The overall responsibilities of the post is to contribute to smooth running and management of the e-voucher, digital data collection and IT related activities of the Gambella field office. The role holder will also assist on the day to day management of digital complaints, smart phones and database including documentation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities#
- Routine assistance on management of E-Voucher database.
- Support the encoding process of beneficiary data into the REDROSE Cash payment system.
- Assist in the data cleaning of beneficiary data processing.
- Assist in printing, activation of beneficiary e-voucher smartcards.
- Support in the documentation process of e-voucher management and beneficiary data.
- Handle complaints recorded by field officers and market facilitators.
- Conduct field level on spot support when needed.
- Ensure a strict synchronization schedule is followed and give support in the process.
- Monitor the use of mobile phones and ensure the readiness of mobile phones for use every day.
- Assist in designing, installing/configuring, administering and maintaining of hardware and software related issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Assist staffs technically in operating MS office suite applications, proper usage of organizational ERP websites.
- Assist installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Assist in designing and installation of LAN networking activities.
- Support digital survey undertakings
- Generate reports of support activities
- Undertake any other task as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or the office.
Terms of Employment: Until September 2021 with a possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of budget
Key Qualifications/ Skills:
- Diploma level in IT and Database Management with two years’ experience or BSc in similar discipline with one year of relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge on Advanced Excel features.
- Experience of handling beneficiary related data management is advantageous
- knowledge and understanding of the local context
Other Skills required:
- Excellent inter-personal communication, facilitation and problem solving skills,
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Excellent English language skills both in writing and oral communication