Danish Refugee Council Jobs in Ethiopia : Country Program Coordinator
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Country Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Head of Program for Ethiopia and Djibouti in the coordination and design of inputs for concept notes, project proposals and strategic documents, as well as for overseeing the timely and quality implementation of all current and future projects. As part of the Country Program Coordinator’s responsibilities, she or he will ensure implementing teams adhere to best practices in project cycle management as well as to compliance with donor rules and regulations. Furthermore, the Country Program Coordinator will directly support DRC Ethiopia and Djibouti’s Country Director and Head of Program in forging and maintaining relationships with key governmental authorities including Charities and Societies, the Administration for Refugee and Returnee Affairs (ARRA) and regional authorities and bureaus.
- Support DRC Ethiopia and Djibouti’s Head of Program in forging and maintaining relationships with key governmental authorities including Charities and Societies, the Administration for Refugee and Returnee Affairs (ARRA) and regional authorities and bureaus.
- Represent DRC in coordination fora with consortia of which DRC is a member, with other humanitarian agencies, and, in the absence of the Country Director or Head of Program, with donors.
Programming and Technical Support:
- In collaboration with the Head of Program, ensure all concept notes and project proposals are well written, professionally presented, have undergone technical review by relevant sector focal points, are reflective of best practices and are in line with DRC’s country strategy as well as broader regional and global strategies of the organization. This responsibility may entail support in designing and coordinating needs assessments and other research initiatives.
- Ensure that country and field-level kick-off meetings are held for 100% of all new projects. This entails making clear presentations of all project components, including activities, budgets, monitoring and evaluation plans, beneficiary accountability and visibility. The Country Program Coordinator is responsible for collecting, consolidating and updating activity plans and spending plans developed and updated by the responsible Area Managers.
- Support DRC’s Area Managers in upholding rigorous project cycle management principles through the provision of technical advice, including support with the development of project cycle management tools.
- Work closely with DRC’s MEAL Coordinator to monitor project achievements. When activities are identified as behind schedule or are facing technical or logistical challenges, the Coordinator will work with Area Managers to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Organize and facilitate monthly reviews of achievements and spending for all active projects.
- Ensure that country and field-level closure meetings are held for 100% of all ending projects. This entails reviewing significant achievements and challenges, preparing teams for final reporting and, in collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator, documenting lessons learned.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of DRC Ethiopia and Djibouti’s programming through active and ongoing participation in and contribution to strategic planning meetings and development of strategic documents.
Finance and Administration
- Collaborate with the Addis Ababa-based finance team and Area Managers to ensure the assignment of budget holders for all projects.
- Collaborate with the Addis Ababa-based finance team to monitor spending and ensure the timely utilization of all grants.
- Manage the Addis Ababa-based grants team and support respectful and positive working relationships. This is to be achieved through leadership, team building, day-to-day support and capacity-building.
- Support and participate in recruitment processes as requested by the Head of Program.
- In collaboration with the Head of Program and Area Managers, ensure relevant program staffing structures are in place across all field locations.
- Promote professional development by supporting the Head of Program in identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure staff are well versed in core sector concepts, DRC’s code of conduct, accountability, respectful dialogue with the refugee population, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
Collaborate with Area Managers and the Addis Ababa-based Supply Chain team to ensure procurement plans are developed for all new projects.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- Master’s degree in law, social sciences, international development, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience within the field of humanitarian response and refugee or IDP protection, with experience working for an international NGO or UN agency.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Office software packages and experience using data analysis tools.
Master’s degree in law, social sciences, international development, or another relevant field.
Excellent verbal and written English.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than january 14 , 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit. It is DRC policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.