Dan Church Aid Jobs in Ethiopia : Field Officer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Dan Church Aid
- Location: Asaita, Afar, Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a legally registered international NGO engaged in development and humanitarian assistance to poor rural people in Ethiopia in partnership with Ethiopian NGOs and civil society organizations.
DCA Ethiopia is looking for a competent field officer for its project entitled ‘Supporting Eritrean Refugees in Ethiopia to Access Alternatives to Irregular Migration’ in Afar region Aysaita district. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the position holder shall closely work with the rest of DCA project teams in Afar, refugee institutions, and PoCs, and local government towards the attainment of the project objectives.
Vacancy Number: DCA-VA/002/2019
Number Required: 1(One)
Type of Contract: 18 months contract with 45 days of probation period
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Overall Job purpose
Among other things, she/he shall be responsible for beneficiary targeting, registration and verification, and sensitization activities; provide technical guidance to community development facilitators and targeted beneficiaries; ensure adherence to international humanitarian standards in delivering commitments; and empower vulnerable community groups including women and people with specific needs through increased access to and control over productive resources in the course of the project.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Take part in the preparation of detailed implementation and procurement plans; and their periodic updates;
- Participate in the development of clear targeting criteria; and ensure they are clearly communicated to target communities and partners;
- Maintain detailed beneficiary data/information; regularly update and document possible the changes;
- Actively engage in the day-to-day implementation of the project activities; and ensure technical soundness of project deliverables;
- Coach/train and provide regular technical to community facilitators, incentive workers, and relevant partner staff (as deemed necessary) to ensure effective implementation of emergency response interventions;
- Participate in camp level meetings with beneficiaries, RCC, and other stakeholders; and ensure DCA’s adequate representation;
- Closely Work with the coordinator and other teams in organizing project launching, review and closeout workshops;
- Undertake post distribution monitoring to access the beneficiary income expense patterns;
- Conduct regular market assessments to determine market demand and supply fluctuations and their implication on target communities;
- Assist the various producer groups through providing market information, market linkage, and business development services;
- Take part in baseline and end line assessments, as well as regular data collection to track project outcomes;
- Collect routine monitoring data on the status of the project and share the data with the coordinator;
- Prepare and submit regular monitoring report to the line manager as per the required timeline and reporting template;
- Ensure beneficiary complaints and feedbacks are welcomed and timely responded by respective project staffs;
- Ensure compliance to international humanitarian standards vis-à-vis project deliverables.
- Document and disseminate learnings, best practices, and human-interest stories
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of First degree in Agriculture, development studies or other related field.
- More than three years of supervisory experience in the field
- Good Knowledge of the refugee’s operations in Ethiopia; more specifically Afar
- Experience of working with NGOs/humanitarian agencies
- Excellent communication and organization skills, judgment and tact, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills and computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the operational context is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
Or hand deliver at the DCA office along the Ethio-China Friendship Avenue, Wollo Sefer, opposite Tebaber Berta Building. Tel. 011-557-52-57
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. DCA encourage women to apply. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with required educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018