Community Development Officer at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Community Development Officer|
|Place of Work||(Sekota Zuria, Ziquala, Dahana and Tsagebegi)Woreda|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization Scale|
|No. of Positions||04(Four)|
|Reports to||Sponsorship Operations Coordinator|
|Length of Contract||One year with high possibility of extension|
Together with the sponsorship operation team, the community development officer is responsible for undertaking specific activities of sponsorship operations in the impact areas, conducts parents and community mobilization, facilitates and participates in awareness raising workshops and trainings, delivery correspondence letters and benefit packages to sponsored children, compile and keep sponsored children’s data, preparing report, arranging sponsor visit for their sponsored child at schools, takes quality digital and activity photo for MODA and ASR and undertakes related duties assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
o KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Selects potential and accessible schools for Sponsorship operation activities.
· Conducts Child Enrolment Management Plan (CEMP) in the given time.
· Properly arranges and documents sponsorship operation communication correspondences / proactive child drawing, Proactive annual letter
· Takes quality digital photograph and video for both new enrollment and enrolled children.
· Mobilizes and aware parents and community about Individual Child Sponsorship(ICS) schemes
· Check and control letters and child benefit packages delivered to children in timely basis.
· Assists volunteers in performing over all activities of sponsorship operation activities and consult themselves on the challenges and set the direction.
· Helps sponsored children in writing expected quality letters for their individual sponsors
· Plans, accomplishes and reports Annual Family Update(AFU), Mid-year Illegibility Check and proactive annual letter (PAL)
· Follows up and supervise volunteers in their respective school duty station, duties and responsibilities.
· Compiles and keeps sponsored children profiles and data
· Facilitates and Participates on awareness creation workshops and trainings when ICS campaign exists.
· Take quality digital activity photograph for MODA and ASR.
· Prepare and facilitate payment for the translator and other sponsorship operation activities which performs in temporary basis
· Performs other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
· Able to collaborate with other programs
- Diploma or bachelor degree with current educational system in language, communication and other related fields
- 4-year relevant experience for diploma
- 2 years’ relevant experience for degree
- Special Training is advantageous
- Digital photograph taking
- Motorbike license and skills
- Basic computer skills/MS word, MS Excel and Power point/
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before 12-April-2019
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.