Cluster Manager at Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA)
- Company: Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara - Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia - Development and Project Management
The Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA) was established in 2002 as an autonomous and non- political organization, instituted primarily to promote the interest of members. Its membership constitutes almost all Horticulture (flower, fruit, vegetables and herbs) Producer Exporters in the country. EHPEA’s strives to promote the sustainable development of the sector and the competitive Position of Ethiopian Horticulture exports in the Global market.
EHPEA is committed to promoting high standards of performance on member farms and to assist farms in the implementation of the Association Code of Practice and also building the capacity of agri-entrepreneurs, agribusinesses officials as well promoting the golden triangle.
Likewise, EHPEA has established a first in its kind an accredited Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET) centre in Ethiopia. Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association Training Centre is accredited to provide technical and vocational training according to the Ethiopian occupational standards. To support companies more in compliance and trainings, EHPEA is currently seeking to employ qualified and competent Cluster Manager for the Ziway and Bahir Dar cluster where EHPEA plans to open satellite support offices in the near future.
Under overall guidance of the EHPEA Executive Director, the Trainers will be responsible for liaison with farms in the cluster and the provision of trainings and Internal Audit support in accordance with EHPEA TVET Centre Course standards and procedures. Overall responsibility for Team success by agreeing, implementing, and monitoring individual and Team objectives and targets whilst ensuring company policies and procedures are adhered to:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct professional and standard on Farm Training in a range of Horticultural Topics for the clusters
- Provide training and support for farms working to achieve EHPEA Code and Market Label compliance in the Ziway-Oromia/ BahirDar-Amhara Cluster
- Manage the routine office activities for the Ziwaye/ Amhara Training Office
- Closely work with regional government offices and other stakeholders while liaising Liaise with farms
- Deliver courses and assess candidate performance for the courses included in the EHPEA Training portfolio to the standard agreed with EHPEA
- Provide internal audit support for farms working to achieve EHPEA Code and MoEF Code Regulation compliance
- Contribute as required to the development and initiation of new courses and new project activities
- Contribute to the identification of training needs and development of project proposals.
- Contribute to the development of new courses and training materials relating to the core aims of training program and the farm needs.
- Assist EHPEA members to achieve compliance with all levels of the EHPEA Code of Practice.
- Confirm training bookings and provide EHPEA Code of practice training to members at maximum capacity level.
- Contribute to keeping training records and maintaining the Training Team teaching materials.
- Coordinate and facilitate training provision by stakeholders and consultants as requested.
- Act as a focal person and support cluster members farms in addressing some of the challenges may encounter.
- Report weekly to the centre Team Leader about activities completed and farm progress and assists with the preparation of the weekly training plan.
- Cooperate with and carry out all other reasonable duties as requested by the EHPEA Management.
- Responsible to initiate or develop new approach or methods of delivering the training with team.
- Undertake any other duties as may be requested by the Dean and EHPEA.
Number of Position: Two
Terms of Employment: Initially for two years but will be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Degree in Horticulture or any related studies from recognized university/college
- A minimum of 5 and above years’ experience as an instructor in a recognized training centre or in the horticulture industry
- The person appointed to this position must be able to:
- Work with minimum supervision to meet training Team aims and objectives.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic and preferably other local languages.
- Work effectively as a Team member and communicate effectively with EHPEA Management and Staff, Farm Managers and Farm employees
- Interact effectively with all Farms and provide advice, motivation and guidance for farms participating in EHPEA Training activities and preparing for CoP and MoEF Regulation Audits
- Contribute to the design of training courses and preparation of training materials using a variety of media.
- Achieve results in a challenging commercial environment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 25 September. 2021