Child Protection Project Officer at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Child Protection Project officer|
Place of Work
North Wollo Zone – Amhara Region (Gubalafto, Habru, Mersa, Woldiya)
Monthly Salary in ETB
As per the organization Scale
No. of Positions
Length of Contract
1 year with possibility of extension
Be responsible for community mobilization, direct service provision, capacity building and multi-sectoral
approach to ensure the protection and sustainable reintegration of unaccompanied returnee children in four
Woredas of North Wollo Zones . Ensure quality and effective implementation of Return Assistance to
migrants and government project activities in North Wollo zone and Woreda level; provide technical
support to government partners, stakeholder and SC project staff; organize and facilitate capacity building
training workshops for partners, stakeholders and SC staff; participate on various base line and end line
assessment if applicable; monitor government partners and SC implemented activities and discuss on success
Be responsible to promote Children’s rights based on SCI’s vision, mission, and values; providing technical support to the implementation of project activities; contributing for the achievement of Save the Children country strategy plan’s objectives; be responsible to contribute for the development of different child protection project proposal and reference materials; follow up the suitable budget utilization of the projects; represent SCI at external forums/meetings as required in consultation with Senior Child Protection project Officer .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning and Reporting:
· In close collaboration with woreda Women and Children offices prepare annual and quarters action plan and ensures timely submission at woreda level
· Provide follow-up and technical support for woreda women and Children office ensure preparation of timely and quality quarterly and annual project progress reports on the prepared formats
· Compile monthly, quarterly, Bi-annual, annual plan and reports at the respective woreda level and ensures timely submission for Senior Child Protection project Officer .
· Prepare compiled monthly, quarterly and annual plan and report of the project for relevant government bodies at their respective woreda level and ensures timely submission in consultation with immediate supervisor
Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
- Ensure the project is implemented in a way responsive to government partners , the community, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures and provide guidance and technical support to Woreda Women and Children Offices.
- Ensures integration of activities of government stakeholders and the project and strengthen collaboration at zone and woreda level
- Identify gaps and provide technical and capacity building support for all stakeholders and Woreda Women and Children office.
- In close collaboration with the Senior Child Protection Project Officer , Women and Children office, Labor and Social Affairs and other government stakeholders, facilitate on time implementation of the project activities based on the action plan and ensure implementation quality
- Ensure active participation of women, children and other stakeholders in the project activities implementation
Supervision and Monitoring
· In collaboration with the Senior Child Protection Project Officer and government stakeholders, maintain strong supervision and monitoring system to measure achievement and progress toward the project objectives and expected outcomes
· Conduct monitoring and supervision of the planned project activities implementation and provide technical support to Woreda offices and intervention areas to improve activities implementation quality
· Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system including active participation of children and women
Staff Management and Mentorship
· Strengthen team spirit and team work
· Ensure that project staff, Community Facilitators, volunteers and stakeholders, understand and are able to perform their role based on the project objectives and expected outcomes
· In collaboration with Senior Child Protection Project Officer , facilitate the assignments of consultants as appropriate.
· In close collaboration with Senior Child Protection Project Officer , provide leadership and manage the performance of intervention Kebele and schools
· In collaboration with the Project staff and government stakeholders staff, identify gaps and facilitate capacity building training and other support for government stakeholders and the community and other stakeholders
· Arrange experience sharing media among beneficiaries and other stakeholders
· Ensure that the required appropriate technical support is provided for all government structures on time and strengthen team spirit and collaborative work
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA degree in sociology or related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in related project or equivalent combination
- Very good conceptual understanding of the job
- Strong interpersonal skill and
- Commitment to Save the Children values
· Excellent communication, interpersonal & report writing kills.
· Proven initiative and ability to work independently and as a team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before or on April 05, 2019.
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You should provide them upon request otherwise your application will reject.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 10 working days of this advertisement.
We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicants, if invited for written exam or interview.