Child Protection Manager at International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: shire - Tigray Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Development and Project Management - Social Science/Community
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refuguees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
SCOPE OF WORK/ JOB PURPOSE:
Under the direct supervision of the CYPD Manager based in Jijiga with additional technical oversight from the Child Protection technical unit based in Addis Ababa, the Child Protection Manager will be responsible to manage, coordinate and monitor the child protection programs across IDPs and refugee camps. She /he will demonstrate technical capability and support the child protection staff to ensure the program is holistic, upholding the standards, procedures, and principles of child protection. She /he will be responsible to enhance the coordination of basic services and ensure their accessibility to children. The Child Protection Manager will also be responsible to build the technical capacity of child protection team through on-going training, mentoring, and coaching.
The Child Protection Manager will also be responsible to maintain highest standards in the design, planning implementation and monitoring of child protection interventions through a coordinated approach.
Program Planning and Development:
- Undertake situational assessments and ensure data compilation and analysis are to the required standard; and participate in proposal and budget development.
- Participate in the development and implementation of CP strategy, approaches and contribute actively to its revision, monitoring and evaluation.
- Take primary responsibility for the design, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of Child Protection program in IDP and refugee camps (including development/ update of relevant strategies, SOPs and referral pathways, Case Management, CP IMS, PSS interventions and community-based care and support for vulnerable and at-risk children including unaccompanied/ separated children).
- Contribute to the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in program management, in line with the IRC’s Strategic Action Plan (SAP) and the Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF).
- Ensure a well- coordinated and holistic approach to address issues concerning vulnerable and at-risk children including Unaccompanied / Separated children living in the IDP and refugee camps
- Support program staff in the design and implementation of effective community mobilization and awareness raising strategies.
- Strengthen the BID panel, coordinate the BIA process by closely supporting child protection team across refugee camps
- Support the CP officers in the establishment of the SHLS interventions in IDP camps
- Provide technical support and guidance on appropriate technical and institutional capacity building measures to achieve Child Protection program goals.
- Strengthen protection mechanisms through mobilizing and involving the community in reducing risks and harm of (abuse, exploitation, violence and neglect) against children in the IDP and refugee camps.
- Identify gaps and build the capacity of the community to be able to support vulnerable children and their families including unaccompanied/ separated children living in IDP and refugee camps.
- Support and link child protection program to the different programs and social services available in the IDP and refugee camps to meet the needs of children.
- Follow-up, monitor and supervise the implementation of program activities based on the work plan, spending plan and the proper utilization of budget and program materials allocated to the project.
Program Liaison, Coordination and Networking:
- With support from the CYPD manager, lead the Child Protection Coordination Body at Jijiga level, including preparation of the agenda, circulation of meeting minutes among relevant actors in Jijiga field office and Country Office and follow-up of action points, on monthly basis and whenever required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and other implementing partners.
- Represent the program in all stakeholder meetings and communicate the outcomes with program staff.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular meetings with the community, children, and Child protection actors
- In collaboration with the child protection and the CWI staff hold community awareness raising campaigns and trainings on child protection and GBV concerns
- Collaborate with other Program Officers to ensure the integration of CP into Education, CWI, Sanitation, Health and Youth program activities.
- Ensure accountability and collaborate with the support staff to establish and maintain sound internal controls and coordinate financial and supply management requirements for CP.
Administrative and Manpower Development:
- Responsible for hiring and monitoring the performance of CP staff and community workers; provide ongoing supervision, leadership, training and technical support and guidance.
- Mentor and support staff’s professional development and foster a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure program efficiency and delivery through development of project monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- Initiate/ Participate in project evaluation exercises and periodic program review meetings with partners and community members.
- Support the CP /GBV team in ensuring the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for advocacy, effective Child Protection program design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Review regularly and provide feedback on the collection, analysis, use and storage of the child protection program information management system; follow-up and report on the progress of the IA CP IMS.
- Prepare monthly progress, quarterly and annual implementation and donor reports and submit to relevant staff.
Key Working Relationships:
- The Child Protection Manager will directly report to the CYPD Manager and with additional technical oversight from the CYPD Technical Unit from Addis
Method of ApplicationExternal
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for.
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job.
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number, if possible, also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 20 September. 2021