Chief Registrar at Paradise Valley College
- Company: Paradise Valley College
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
Paradise Valley College is a private an academic institution, which pioneering, since 2004 EC. Paradise Valley College is an accredited private higher educational institution granting TVET/Level degrees programs and for the degree Master of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, in graduate programs from HERQA- Higher education Relevance and Quality Agency. Paradise Valley College located 250 kilometers, Southeast of Addis Ababa in Oromia Regional State, West Arsi Zone, and Shashemene Town, plus Paradise Valley College does two campus at Adama and Dilla as well.
Paradise Valley is an integrated company engaged in service for the society in different sectors since its foundation. Beside the college, it runs Academy starting from Kindergarten to Preparatory while other sister companies include Construction of Building and Engineering Project, Driving License Training Institute and Agribusiness activities. PVC is committed to equal educational opportunity for men and women, and does not discriminate any one on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, religious affiliations, or disability among its students for admission and treatment. It welcomes all who want to acquire appropriate knowledge, skill, and attitudinal changes in offering a quality education and training.
Paradise Valley College looking for the highly qualified, skilled, professional and competent employee .
The Chief Registrar is a senior staff appointed by the Dean. He/She is accountable to the Academic Dean.
The registrar is responsible for all operational matters pertaining to students’ admissions, student selection and placement, students’ registration, scheduling of courses, academic records of all departments and graduation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Chief Registrar shall perform the following lists
- Prepare the academic calendar of the college each year in consultation with the Academic Dean and submit to the academic commission for approval.
- Responsible for the implementation of the polices and directives laid down by the Board and Ac pertaining to student’s (admission, placement, registration, academic performance, attrition, graduation etc) and curricula (courses, credit requirements etc) are equitably, uniformly and consistently interpreted and implemented.
- Continually analyze and evaluate all existing rules and regulations on (registration, academic performance, attrition, graduation, and curricula (courses, credit requirements, etc) and recommend modifications where necessary.
- Submit to the Academic Commission for approval the names of candidates eligible for the award of certificates, diplomas and degrees in conformity with college rules and regulations.
- Create and maintain up-to-date, confidential, private, safe, and permanent record of all students, including drop-outs, dismissals, withdrawals, and alumni of undergraduate programs.
- Create and maintain up-to-date accurate information of student admission, placement, registration, academic performance, attrition, graduation by level of instruction and delivery of program regular.
- Ensure that optimum use is made of class rooms, demonstration rooms, and laboratories.
- Prepare and issue the academic calendar, catalogues(s), and admission prospectus and student handbooks of the college on regular basis.
- Issue transcript, degrees, diplomas and certificates
- Be responsible for the custody of the common Seal of the college.
- Administer all operational matters, and coordinate, supervise, evaluate and assess the works and personnel of the office of the Registrar.
- Submit to the AC, the Dean and other appropriate bodies of the college timely progress report on student admission, placement registration, academic performance and attrition, and make any recommendation thereon.
Accountable to: The College Dean
Duty station: Shashamane with possible travel to Adama and Dilla Campuses as necessarily
Qualification: Bachelor Degree and above in statics, Information Technology, Computer Science and Related Fileds
Relevant Experience: 5 Years and above in similar position in a Higher Educational Institution
How to Apply
Female applicant are highly encouraged
Application procedure: Send your brief Job application cover letter, CV and copies of work experience only, via [email protected] an entire academic achievement will be checked in person when a candidate is invited for interview and written examination.
Send it to the following address: Paradise Valley College
Shashamane Main Campus, Human Resource Office
04 Kebele, Near the Tekelahymanot Church, Shashamane
P.O.Box: 499, Shashamane