Chief of Party at IPE Global Ltd
- Company: IPE Global Ltd
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Business / Administration Jobs in Ethiopia - Development and Project Management
Over the years, socially and economically empowering communities has become an important pillar of our work at IPE Global. We have in-depth experience working closely with various governments, donor agencies and communities to support data-driven and effective policy-making and implementation of multiple programmes and plans to foster economic and social development. IPE Global is committed to building stronger, more resilient health systems that can respond effectively to the health needs of populations. IPE Global has demonstrated experience in delivering large-scale projects focused on strengthening health sector systems in India.
IPE Global Group has extensive experience working in the East Africa region and delivering projects that contribute to improving the lives of intended beneficiaries. We have been working in Ethiopia since 2009 and set up a registered office in 2012. We have implemented a diverse range of projects that include designing programmes for adolescents, conducting assessments and evaluations, grant and fund management, infrastructure development, public financial management across various sectors.
Apart from offering a generous benefits package and fostering an empowered workforce, IPE Global is committed to using fair, objective and positive employment practices to promote equal opportunities and diversity in employment, ensuring that all employees, including potential employees, are treated fairly, consistently and with respect, before, during and after, their employment. We seek to create an environment representative of and responsive to different groups. The selected candidate will get an opportunity to work in an organisation with colleagues from diverse nationality and will be exposed to a global body of work undertaken by IPE Global.
IPE Global is looking to deliver an anticipated four-year USAID-funded initiative, ‘Empowered Communities Activity’, in Ethiopia. This Activity aims to achieve better health and nutrition outcomes through improved community ownership of health and strengthened social accountability systems and platforms. The Activity will have a significant focus and engagement at the woreda and community level, supporting the strengthening of community platforms, enhancing citizens’ voices and fostering greater accountability and quality health services. Implementation strategies will include engagement of local Non-State Actors (NSAs), Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), and attention to health system functionality, community health-seeking behaviors and care-seeking practices to improve and contribute to higher-quality, more client-centered health services at Health Post (HP) and Health Center (HC) levels. The Activity will be implemented in up to 30 selected woredas in three agrarian and one pastoralist region of Ethiopia, namely Afar, Amhara, Oromia, and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s (SNNP).
IPE Global is seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Activity. The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management of the project activities, lead the team and provide overall supervision on the implementation of the interventions. The CoP will represent IPE Global and the project to USAID, the host country government and counterparts, and other relevant stakeholders. The position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Women local nationals and international candidates (having experience of working in Ethiopia) are encouraged to apply.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic guidance and oversight for implementing project interventions effectively to achieve desired results;
- Manage a team of diverse experts and partners for the successful delivery of project interventions;
- Facilitate designing and ensuring effective management and delivery of technical assistance plans and high-quality technical assistance at all levels for meaningful results, particularly at the community level;
- Ensure designing and managing M&E/CLA activities, including developing and implementing effective continuous learning, adaptive management and value for money/cost analysis interventions and analysis;
- Establish and maintain communication and relationship with relevant Ministry of Health counterparts, USAID and non-USAID funded partners working in the health sector in relevant areas;
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations, review deliverables, and achieve project results as specified by the client;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID, implementing partner organizations and other key stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, public policy, international development, public administration, business management or other relevant disciplines;
- At least 10 years of progressive professional experience in designing and/or implementing projects related to strengthening health service delivery or improving utilization of RMNCAH-N services, engaging with communities at the grassroots level, capacity building of non-state actors, and enhancing supply-side accountability in donor-funded projects in Ethiopia or East Africa;
- At least 5 years of working as COP or at a comparable position in large donor-funded projects/programs, preferably USAID;
- Experience reflective of using creative strategies, novel solutions, and evidence-based, forward-thinking analysis to improve health and nutrition outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and work in complex environments with multiple stakeholders, including CSOs, government representatives, other implementing agencies and non-State actors;
- Ability and experience in coordinating and integrating with other projects/programs to maximize project impact;
- Proven track record of effectively working in complex environments and with various stakeholders, including civil society organizations, government institutions, private sector entities, and US Government agencies;
- English language fluency (oral and written), strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills, and previous experience in Africa, preferably Ethiopia, is essential;
- Understanding of USAID project management, policies, reporting, funding rules and regulations will be an advantage.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 5 June. 2023