Chadet Jobs in Ethiopia : Counseling Officer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CHADET
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Organization for Child Development and Transformation (CHADET), partnering with People in Need, Concern Worldwide(CWW) Ethiopia, Volontariato Internazionale Per Lo Sviluppo (VIS) Ethiopia, and government vocational skills training ceters, has been implementing youth livelihood development project since January 2018.The project is entitled ‘Job Creation for the Potential migrants in Addis Ababa’. It is designed under the frame of “Steaming Irregular Migration in Northern & Central Ethiopia/SINCE” program in Ethiopia. The project is funded by the European Union Trust Fund for Africa and is implemented by Embassy of Italy in Ethiopia.
Most of the project beneficiaries are vulnerable because of various socio economic factors. Hence, CHADET has planned to hire a professional counsellor who would provide emotional and psychological support to the project women and youth and prepare them to lead a decent life.
To this end, CHADET is looking for a competent and professional individual who is passionate and technically supportive personalities to address the aforementioned issues at the project coordination office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- The post holder will manly provide psychological and social support for vulnerable potential migrant youth so that they will be successful in vocational skills training and then wage employment. The post holder will also serve as a focal person for Gender inclusion issues.
- Provide psychosocial and other required support for the youth under the SINCE project by using guidelines and operational manuals issued by CHADET;
- Provide wage employment support for the youth under the SINCE project by using guidelines and operational manuals issued by CHADET;
- Ensure that minimum standards of services are met for the youth staying in the vocational skills training center.
- Keep up-to-date records and information concerning the status of the trainees who have undergone through the counseling process.
- Promote and encourage community-based response to the needs of the youth with special attention to the potential migrant and vulnerable youth.
- Create and strengthen and networking with other partner private and government organizations to ensure referral linkage for the ongoing wage employment support;
- Participate actively in consultation and review meetings that are carried out with stakeholders in the identification and recruitment of beneficiaries for vocational training;
- Compile reports and case stories, on special cases of target youth involved in the project;
- Work closely with volunteers, community, government and private representatives to ensure the sustainability of the programs introduced by the project;
- Ensure trainees attendance at the vocational skill training centers, Psychosocial support, cooperative and internship program
- Facilitate cooperative training, internship or job matching program and lobbing private companies to recruit target beneficiaries in the identified skills;
- Support training center based counselors and voluntary guidance and counseling in strengthening counseling services and follow up of their activities;
- Supporting focal trainers and other support staff members of the training institutions to ensure proper record keeping and documentation of the target beneficiaries;
- Facilitate community conversation or youth dialogue sessions among the potential migrants both in and out of the vocational skills training center;
- Work closely with staff members and other stakeholders to improve the quality of service provided for the target youth;
- Follow up every activities on youth with disability
- Compile periodic reports about the accomplishments and challenges encountered in the course of the delivery of counseling and psycho-social support;
- Carrying out other activities as may be assigned to him/her by his/her supervisor;
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Terms of employment: One year contract with possible extension based on proven performance,
Desired No: 1 (One)
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of BA Degree in psychology/Social Work and Social Science and relevant fields
- A minimum of four years relevant work experience.
- Previous firsthand experience in provision of counseling support for disadvantaged youth and children, with special focus on skills training and wage employment ;
- High level case story development skills, both in English and Amharic languages;
- High level report writing skills, both in English and Amharic languages;
- Building relationships – able to develop effective relationships with all CHADET’s partners and stakeholders;
- Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues and beneficiaries.
How to Apply
CHADET invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in the position within 10 days from the date of announcement. Applications should consist of a letter, detailed curriculum vitae, credentials and three (3) professional references with the person’s telephone number and an email address. Applicants should send their applications to:
P.o.Box- 5854, HR department
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written and/or interview assessments.