Base Cashier at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
- Cash collect, disburse and control petty cash fund
- Collect funds and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with Save the Children’s financial management policy;
- Maintain and handle petty cash and prepare cash reports and ensure timely replenishment; and prepare receipt/payment vouchers;
- Prepare payment vouchers (for cash and cheque payments) as per approved payment requests and/or authenticated invoices and receipts by budget holders and present vouchers for verification and approval by the responsible persons. Make cash/cheque payments only after obtaining approval/authorization from the management;
- Maintain the bank and cash records either electronically or manually
- Effect staff salary upon obtaining an approval and certification from payroll sheets;
- Check and pay all office bills for telephone, fax, water, electricity, tax withholdings and government taxes; Ensure timely settlement of bills;
- Assist the Accountant in handling of financial transaction and documentations;
- Ensure loans and working advances are maintained and accounted for properly and follow up repayments made accordingly
- Diploma in accounting.
- At least 3 years of experience working as cashier.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good spoken English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
|Job Title||Base Cashier|
|Place of Work||Afar Region, Samara|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per organization scale|
|No. of Positions||01|
|Length of Contract||One year with possibility of extension|
How to Apply
If you want a challenging career while improving the lives of children, Save the Children, the world's leading independent organization for children, would like to hear from you. Before you apply, we suggest you review announcement of the position and, if you meet the minimum requirements, you can send your resume and cover letter through [email protected] up to July 3, 2014. Please make sure you stated position title of the vacancy on the subject of your email. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Save the Children Afar Field Office; P.O. Box 118; Afar, Samara; or drop your application and CV in person at the field office ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities