Awash Wine Share Company Jobs in Ethiopia : Druggist
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Awash Wine Share company
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Internal Vacancy Announcement
Vacancy number – No. 025/2018
Awash Wine SC. Established in 1936 Awash is proud to be Ethiopia’s oldest winemaker. With over 80 years serving the local and international market, we are one of the country’s most beloved brands. The company was acquired in September 2013 through a local and international partnership. Our international staff, with a combined 82 years of experience in the beverage industry, collaborates with 549 local employees at our two production facilities in Addis Ababa and our vineyard in Merti Jeju, Upper Awash. This local-foreign partnership means we combine international know-how with a deep knowledge of Ethiopia’s dynamic and exciting market.
Therefore, the company invites competent and qualified External candidates for the following position.
Job Title: Druggist
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with Frequent travel
Reports to: Health Advisor
Job summaryThe Pharmacy Technician, under close supervision of the Health advisor is responsible to purchasing, dispensing drugs, provide Medication Use Counseling, utilize Standard operating procedure (SOP) for dispensing, ensure patients’ safety and correct use of medications. Utilize good dispensing Practices, Manage Medicines Waste Management and disposal system, Recording and billing of all medications, Conduct Pharmaceutical Supply and Management system, control adverse Drug reactions at work places and provide professional supports to other clinics under the company when needed.
- Make sure that prescriptions are eligible, written by authorized prescribe and complete.
- Ensures Prescription papers shall be standardized and must contain necessary information.
- Ensure that Standard operating procedure (SOP) for dispensing and medication use counseling shall be established.
- The druggist shall check the correctness of prescriptions in terms of appropriateness for patients and of dosage, strength and drug interactions based on approved standard treatment guidelines
- Ensures all medicines shall be dispensed with adequate and appropriate information and counseling.
- The druggist shall make an in-depth professional judgment and ensures that all pharmaceuticals to be dispensed shall be labeled and the labels shall be unambiguous, clear, legible and indelible. The following minimum information shall be indicated on the label/ sticker:
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE
Diploma in pharmacy education from recognized college /university
- Minimum of 5 years` related work experiences in health facilities (hospital/Health center and other).
- Knows the way how to carry out the duties / has good dispensing Practices.
- Ensure that dispensing occurs accurately, reflect the prescribes intention, and is consistent with the needs and safety of the consumer.
- Good experience in patient management and counseling.
- Experienced in first in-first out drug management principle.
- Individual with interrelated double profession (Nursing profession) is preferred
- Ability to make logical and timely decisions and has good documentation skills.
- Female applicants will be encouraged.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates can apply online at by sending non-returnable CV and cover letter on or before February 21, 2019 to:
Awash Wine Share Company, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,