Attorney I Central area Branches at VisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C
- Company: VisionFund Micro-Finance Institution S.C
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ethiopia
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 which currently amended to 626/2009 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for candidates for Attorney I role. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
- Major Responsibilities
· Assists the Branch staff in handling all issues related to collateral & the safe custody of all legal documents on real estate mortgage & chattel mortgage;
· Assists in registering & discharging mortgaged items;
· Ensures the safe custody of all legal documents on real esate mortgage & chattel mortgage;
· Draws up draft contracts, agreements, forms, letters of guarantee and other transactional documents, etc. that suit a specified purpose;
· Examines judgments & court rulings; analyzes their impact on company business & advises supervisor on approaches to be followed;
· Gathering facts and establishing evidence, conducting investigations, examination analyses of cases and preparation of contracts and claims;
· Ensures the proper & timely delivery of notices to delinquent clients.
· Investigates & takes proper legal actions to rectify theft, forgeries & misappropriation of funds & property;
· Complies & analysis information & statistics that would assist in carrying out court activities & provides legal advice & assistance to the branches in legal matters of limited complexity and gravity & in translation work of legal documents.
· Looks into and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles and codes to prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals contracts for review, etc.
· Prepares, cases, pleadings, suits, statements of claims, petitions, defenses, affidavits in the name and on behalf of the institution;
· Represents the branches before all levels of courts of law including police stations & public authorities;
· Submits a written report to the branch & HO legal & Recovery Manager on the status of cases filed at court with collections made through court action.
· knowledge of civil & commercial codes & analytical skill
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Method of ApplicationCandidates who fulfil the above requirements can submit the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials in person to:
Gibe & Gimbichu Branches
or South West area office
Located at Sodo.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Closing Date : 31st March, 2021