Assistant Store Keeper at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
- Develop, maintain and implement an effective warehouse and stock management and control system
- Compile monthly forward plans of required items needs in consultation with the Area Logistics and other line managers and submit the report to the Area Logistics officer and coordinator
- Recorded and document all stocks in and out into from/to the waybill, GRN, Item Issuance form, bin card, stock card and ledger, Issue authorization, woreda partner authorization and verification letter, signed document of beneficiaries’ distribution list.
- Maintain an up-to-date stock register and implement an assets management information system in accordance with the SC policies and procedures
- Receive items as per the purchase or dispatch note, count them according to their dispatch or purchase requisition order, check and inspect their quality and conditions.
- Efficiently utilise store rooms, displaying of items in accordance with their natural homogeneity, discriminating items that need special care and protection, locating fast moving item at accessible place, maintaining proper stock records.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Provides inventories of office and store equipment and during staff turnover in coordination with finance staff. Ensure Stock and asset must be tracked against the programme, project code and funding source code to which they belong
- Ensure perishable stocks: shelf life/expiry dates and batch numbers must be recorded on arrival and actively monitored thereafter. Perishable stocks must be withdrawn and used on a first expiry date first out basis.
- Ensure non-perishable stocks: must be withdrawn and used on a first in/first out (FIFO) basis
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, stock management, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Report on monthly basis the actual stocks movement, expected arrivals and planned deliveries and all other relevant information on warehouse activities
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- College Diploma in supplies and/or warehouse management.
- At least 3 years of experience working in supplies management, logistics co-ordination and administrative support functions.
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Proven experience working in a team.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
|Job Title||Assistant Store Keeper|
|Place of Work||Afar Region, Hadeleila, Chifra|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per organization scale|
|No. of Positions||02|
|Length of Contract||One year with possibility of extension|
How to Apply
If you want a challenging career while improving the lives of children, Save the Children, the world's leading independent organization for children, would like to hear from you. Before you apply, we suggest you review announcement of the position and, if you meet the minimum requirements, you can send your resume and cover letter through [email protected] up to June 30, 2014. Please make sure you stated position title of the vacancy on the subject of your email. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Save the Children Afar Field Office; P.O. Box 118; Afar, Samara; or drop your application and CV in person at the field office ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities