Assistant Financial Accountant at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save The Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Dire Dawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
- The Assistant Financial Accountant will focus 100% on the correct financial management of project title: “PREVENTION AND SUPPORT ACTIONS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE INVOLVED IN RISKY MIGRATION AND TRADE ALONG THE EASTERN MIGRATORY ROUTE, OR THAT ARE BACK IN ETHIOPIA”, funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, Addis Ababa Office (AICS).
Duties and responsibilities
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
- Prepares bank payment voucher for approved payments and affect the payment.
- Ensure suppliers/vendors are paid on time and a legal receipt is received for all effected payments and attach to the payment documents.
- Handle petty cash of the field office and maintain proper petty cash recording/register
- Prepares petty cash payment vouchers and effects approved cash payment up to the petty cash limit of the program.
- Follow up on staff work advance and travel advance to be settled timely.
- Properly coding of all bank and petty cash transactions as per chart of account coding classification.
- Collect cash with the appropriate voucher and deposit cash collections intact to the bank account.
- Ensure safe custody of the Filed office’s Petty Cash fund, uncollected cheque, new cheque pads & bid bonds, and other legal documents related to financing.
- Prepare General Ledger and Cash Offline Spreadsheet (GLUCOSE for all transactions that to be reviewed and posted by the Financial Accountant
- Filing the financial document as per donor compliance
- Support the Project team in the preparation of the financial report for the donor (hard copies of the documents)
- Reconcile bank transfer among AICS dedicated bank accounts
BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience,
- Computer knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowhow of different Accounting Software’s
- Experience in handling petty cash is required for this role.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong training skill
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Italian is an advantage
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.