Amref Health Africa Jobs in Ethiopia : Project Manager- Trachoma Mass Drug Administration
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project Manager- Trachoma Mass Drug Administration based in Addis Ababa (Country Office) with travel to Somali and/or Afar, Gambella and Benshangul-Gumuz and will report to Program Manager.
Beginning in March 2019, Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia will implement Trachoma Mass Drug Administration projects in both the Afar and Somali Regional States. The project will be guided by the World Health Organization’s SAFE strategy, with the goal of reducing preventable blindness by eliminating trachoma in Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the Trachoma Mass Drug Administration project.
The Project Manager will ensure the effective planning and delivery of the project in line with agreed workplans, timelines, budgets, log frame and theory of change. S/he will build and manage relationships with partners and stakeholders – including implementing partners, government agencies at national, regional, and district levels, and community leaders in project locations. The Project Manager will be responsible for project and partner compliance and reporting according to donor requirements. S/he will manage project monitoring and evaluation frameworks and report project progress to stakeholders and to donors as required. The Project Manager will be based in Addis Ababa but will be required to travel to project locations as needed.
·Accountable for leading project planning and project management
· Participates in budgeting process with finance team
· Coordinates monitoring and reporting of project performance and impact
· Effectively acts a liaison between stakeholders and ensures donor compliance
·Project Management – 80%
- Directly manage all project activities in line with the project design documents (including the theory of change, log frame, budget and Gantt charts), and ensure the project meets agreed targets and timelines.
- Jointly, with country implementing partners, develop detailed workplans, M&E plans, monitoring and reporting schedules, and coordinate the actions of each of these partners.
- Manage relations with the National Coordinator for trachoma in Ethiopia, and all relevant government stakeholders and partners.
- Manage implementation of monitoring and evaluation processes and reporting according to donor requirements.
- Ensure the project is delivered within budget, and oversee regular monitoring, documenting and reporting of grant expenditure against budget.
- Coordinate supportive supervision and coaching to implementing teams as required.
o Represent the organization with national regional and partners and stakeholders. Participates in budgeting process with finance team
· Leadership and Implementation
o Lead the implementation of the trachoma elimination project in target regions.
o Provide coordination and direction to partners and stakeholders as necessary.
• Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues in Ethiopia.
• Deliver high quality work that supports our global operating environment.
• Demonstrate compliance with all legislation and organization policies and procedures
Values and Behavior
• Promote and role model appropriate behavior to support the organization culture, performance and brand.
• Actively support the organization’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity.
• Actively demonstrate the organizational values:
o Integrity: We stand up for what is right;
o Collaboration: We are stronger together;
o Empowerment: We make a difference; and
o Action: We focus on results.
Health, Safety, and Well-being
o Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures of the organization and take all reasonable care that your actions or omissions do not impact the health and safety of others.
o Identify, assess, prioritize and control risks arising from operations in relation to the impact on the health and safety of all staff, contractors and visitors.
o Ensure that a system of work which is safe and without risk to health is developed, documented and followed by workers and others through appropriate training, supervision and monitoring.
o Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is carried out in ways, which safeguard the health and safety of workers or others in their charge including contractors whom they engage.
• Master’s in public health, nursing, or other relevant discipline.
• Experience in eye health, trachoma/Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) and public health will be favorably regarded.
• At least five years project management experience focused on SAFE strategy
• Project management, budgeting and monitoring experience.
• Experience with an international development organization.
• Experience in trachoma and/or NTD sectors preferred.
• Experience in implementing gender sensitive approaches within development projects is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Project Manager is expected to have extensive experience in managing complex projects in pastoralist communities in collaboration with government and NGO partners.
• Extensive knowledge of institutional donor requirements.
• Specific knowledge and experience of trachoma elimination programs.
• Excellent project management, monitoring and reporting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage a wide variety of diverse relationships using collaborative consultation and communications skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven financial management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of international development and health concepts.
• Confident presentation and public speaking skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite applications.
• Ability to lead a complex project and partnerships.
• Ability to meet conflicting deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong time management.
• Intercultural knowledge and sensitivity.
Reporting and Requirements
• The Project Manager will report to the Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases Program Manager.
• This role requires extensive travel to project locations, as needed, to ensure effective project implementation as planned.
• A strong personal desire to work for the organization and align with our vision and guiding principles.
• Preparedness to undergo background checks including criminal record and qualification check.
• Willingness to undertake some out-of-hours work to meet deadlines and field work needs.
• Availability to travel to the field as required.
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through [email protected] or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is 17th February 2019. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
•Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.