Agricultural Transformation Agency Jobs in Ethiopia : Auto Mechanic
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Oversee scheduled and non-scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs to organizational vehicle Conduct inspections using specific procedures set by organizational requirements. Ensure quality control and evaluation of preventive maintenance and repair services.
Primary Purpose: Perform mechanical and electrical repairs to ensure proper performance and safety of all organizational vehicles.
- Use diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical and electrical problems in vehicles.
- Perform mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Do welding and minor body work.
- Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule, rotate and balance tires; change oil and filters; lubricate vehicle parts; inspect and replace hoses, belts, mirrors, lamps; and maintain all fluid levels.
- Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance.
- Inspect vehicles and evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and lights; service as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and repairs. Rearrange the work schedules in order to accommodate work order schedules
- Complete required forms and paper work for fleet maintenance shop including, but not limited to, repair orders, inspection forms, etc.
- Perform major and minor electrical and mechanical repairs to both gas and diesel vehicles and conduct preventative maintenance on regional vehicles.
- Ensure shop safety , cleanliness ,abide by safety policies, Identify safety hazards and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Track time worked on each vehicle by type of repair and using standard time estimates based on industry standards. Identify and respond to inquiries where actual times vary from estimated times and complete appropriate reporting on vehicle repairs and maintenance to supervisor.
- Schedule and arrange for outsourcing of repairs if necessary.
- Respond to service calls.
- Road test vehicles to verify complaints and/or repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepares job orders for outsourced Garage and responsible for proper maintenance carried out
- Participating in technical evaluation for garage tender documents
- Identify driver skill gap and participate in house drivers training
Minimum of auto mechanic Diploma more than 7 years and above and including 5 years of experience in repair and service of diesel engine and medium duty truck. Lead or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Automotive diagnostic equipment, wheel balancing equipment, tire repairing equipment, small hand tools, drill, drill press, grinder, air-powered tools, welding torch, torque wrench, jack and lift equipment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) CV (maximum 5 pages), and (iii) a completed ATA Application Form at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.