Agricultural Extension Officer at Dashen Brewery Share Company
- Company: Dashen Brewery Share Company
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Contribute to the profitable and efficient operation and growth of Dashen Breweries by:
- Influencing the development of a soundly structured and well managed barley industry through technical advice, cooperative research and development and an information transfer service.
- Promoting the interdependence between barley producers and malting and brewing industries by developing and maintaining relationship with the relevant agricultural bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Actively transfer information to the barley producers. This includes:
- Directing an effective two-way communication channel between Dashen and the producers in order to keep both parties fully informed about developments in the industry;
- Initiating specific information transfer actions as required by the company and deciding upon the most urgent needs of the industry;
- Ensuring that the type of information received is of value in directing future research projects or further information transfer;
- Providing producers with technical extension to bring forth improved yields, better quality and lower input costs.
2. Assist with Seed multiplication and distribution.
3. Assist with Quality assurance at delivery/intake points
4. Assist with all research and development projects within the Agricultural department. This involves:
- Staying up to date with technical and research changes;
- Participating in any research projects, such as varieties and seed trials
- Effectively communicating the findings and recommendations to the barley agricultural industry and the Company and assist in conducting special good agriculture practice.
5. Actively contributes to other external research projects as required by Dashen and the barley industry.
6. Actively promote Dashen’s image and role in the barley industry by liaising effectively with all segments of the barley industry, e.g. producers, cooperatives, Agriculture sector and suppliers to the industry.
7. Build up knowledge and maintain contact with developments in the control of insects, weeds and diseases in the barley industry.
8. Maximize productivity of existing farming units on a sustainable basis to bring about the greatest possible cost effectiveness in barley and grain production.
9. Represent the company in all commercial or government related issues in order to gain the maximum advantage for Dashen.
10. Assist the Agricultural sector, Risk Management Program by identifying and assessing risks in the department and ensuring that proper safety standards are maintained.
Required qualification and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Plant science, Agricultural economics, Agriculture business, Rural Development and Agricultural extension or related fields is required.
- At least five years’ experience in Agricultural information transfer services and Cereal value chains.
- Experience in cereal crops seed supply chains considered an asset
- Technical experience on malting barley, malting and brewing considered an asset.
Key competency & behavioral skill
- Ability to work in any malt barley producing environment of Ethiopia
- A broad understanding of all areas of management basics
- Commercial acumen and Problem-solving skills
- Project and process management skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and Conflict handling ability
- Resilience and Good interpersonal skills
- Strong self-management practices
- Ability to interact, liaise and communicate with needed stakeholders
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills: MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send their application and CV to the following address before February 21, 2020. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Dashen Brewery Share Company,
Gondar and Debrebrehan Plants
Wello Sefer, Ambasel Building 2nd floor
E-mail to: [email protected]
Please mention the Title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email.