ADMINSTRATION AND FINANCE OFFICER / Project Assistant at Forum of Federations
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Forum of Federations
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
The European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES) is a non-profit private foundation headquartered in Brussels a global remit. ECES promotes sustainable democratic development through the provision of advisory services and operational support in favour of all electoral stakeholders, including electoral management bodies, civil society organisations dealing with civic & voter education and election observation, political parties and parliaments dealing with electoral reforms, media, security forces and legal institutions dealing to electoral dispute resolutions.
Since February 2012, ECES has signed over 60 contracts in support of transparent, credible and cost-effective electoral processes and the strengthening of democratic institutions in more than 35 countries mainly, but not only, in Africa and Middle East. In addition to that, the founders and personnel of ECES have acquired extensive field experience and, taken together, ECES can count on a specific knowledge and a well-established network in over 70 countries around the world. The EU is by far the largest ECES’ donor, however the organisation has also signed contracts and partnered with many other organisations.
The EU in Ethiopia is funding a long-term support strategy within the framework of democratic development and support to good governance. Actions in support of democratisation and respect for human rights, including the right to participate in the establishment of governments through free and fair elections, can make a major contribution to peace, security and the prevention of conflicts. The project will be implemented along the lines of a specific and copyrighted approach developed by ECES entitled the European Response on Electoral Cycle Support (EURECS) – which is also the title of the first project. This project is fully funded by the EU through the European Development Fund (EDF).
The EURECS project, fully funded by the European Development Fund (EDF), seeks to strengthen the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) in order to raise the profile of an independent, credible and effective institution that will deliver inclusive and democratic electoral processes in Ethiopia. The action seeks to contribute to enhance the transparency, credibility and public confidence in the NEBE, as well as in the electoral process recognizing the high.
expectations on the 2020 elections as the starting point for a paradigm shift in the conduct of elections in the country.
The action of the EURECS in Ethiopia is built around the three main result areas as follows:
NEBE’s leadership and strategic management capacity is improved and it’s perceived by the citizens as an independent institution;
NEBE’s core institutional capacities are reinforced and it is able to conduct a credible electoral process;
The Liaison between NEBE and external groups are strengthened and the electoral process is more inclusive.
The project is implemented by the European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES) in partnership with Ethiopia-based Forum of Federations and GoInnonvation. The activities of the EURECS activities will start and end within 36-month time-frame (October 2019 – September 2022) in view to leave behind durable tools and capacities for long-term sustainability in the country of Ethiopia.
Functions/Key Results Expected
Under the guidance of ECES Country Representative Project Coordinator, Senior Finances & Administration Manager and Finances & Administration Manager, the Administration and Finances Officer will have the following specific responsibilities and will provide the following deliverables:
- Ensure that the Project’s Standard Operating Procedures are adequately implemented throughout the project’s life-span;
- Ensure that adequate financial controls are implemented to maintain propriety and proper accountability;
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements;
- Monitor expenditure through the use of a computer-based monitoring system;
- Check budget lines to ensure that all transactions are booked to the correct budget lines;
- Ensure the regular update of project financial books;
- Follow up on the budget balances;
- Contribute to the preparation of the activities’ projections;
- Contribute to the internal financial audit and expenditure verification control;
- Contribute to the preparation of external financial audits;
- Contribute to the preparation of administration and financial documents/reports;
- Contribute to the preparation of project staff’s contracts;
- Provide logistical support to the project and project activities;
- Implement all other working tasks deemed necessary by the ECES Country Representative Project Coordinator, Senior Finances & Administration Manager and Finances & Administration Manager.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of ECES;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ECES’ values and ethical standards.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, organisational management or any related field.
- At least six (6) years of relevant work experience in a financial and administrative function;
- Previous experiences in administrative and finance position within not for profit organisations and/or international organisations;
- Experience in preparing financial reports/documents and audits;
- Experience in developing financial and management reports;
- Proven working knowledge of accountancy software/programs;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications is a must;
- Good interpersonal skills and result orientation;
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure and hardship conditions.
- Excellent working level of English language, in both writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of Amharic and any other Ethiopian languages is considered as an asset
How to Apply
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.