Administrative Intern (APSA) at GIZ GmbH
- Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Ethiopia
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #165/2019
GIZ- AU Office, APSA Programme
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
Around the world, we have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards of transparency and accountability. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments also benefit from our services.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years together with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Other programmes e.g. enhance development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies in Ethiopia.
The Support to the African Union for the Operationalisation of the African Peace and Security Architecture Programme is supporting the African Union and regional organizations to strengthen and effectively utilize instruments of the African Peace and Security Architecture (APSA). As a result, it is hoped that the AU member states will be more capable of dealing with emerging crises, ending violent conflicts and consolidating peace in post-conflict countries. Since peace is a precondition for sustainable development, the project also contributes to sustainable socio-economic change in Africa.
The purpose of accepting national interns is to give students or graduates the opportunity to get to know GIZ’s work in Ethiopia and overall Africa, thereby conducting capacity development through on the job training. Accordingly, GIZ AU Office Ethiopia would like to recruit fulltime Intern as per the detail below: –
Position: Administrative Intern
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Application deadline: October 5, 2019
Required Candidate: One
Duration: 3-month with possible extension to 6-month
– Assist in planning, implementation and reporting of the project activities and research
– Assist in content and logistical organization and follow-up (documentation) of events, trainings meetings, workshops and seminars
– Assist in preparing visitor programs and travel schedules with other APSA staff
– File documents in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules, treats information confidentially
– Assist travel management and travel settlement with the German Development Cooperation Office (GDCO) and GIZ AU office
– Support in coordination best flight routes and ticket fares for the travelers.
– Communicate with the travelers and issue flight tickets
– Follow up of the used ticket status and arrange payments and settlements as per the GIZ Processes and Rules (P+R).
– Arrangement and follow up of the transfer for travelers
– Handle properly the email communication and update the filing system daily in accordance with GIZ P+R
– Handle photocopying, scanning, binding and fax documents
– Attend internal and external meetings
– Translation work
– Preparing Tax declaration summary for the Tax Authority Office
Required qualifications, competences and expertise
University degree (fresh graduate)
First practical experiences in the field of international cooperation
High conceptual skills, flexibility and team and communication skills
A proven cultural sensibility. Ability to work efficiently and structured under time pressure and under difficult circumstances
Proficient in MS Office products and working knowledge of IT technologies
Fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic, German is an asset
Good organizing skill / self-motivated
Good team working ability
Good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Administrative Intern(APSA) #165’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.