Admin & HR Officer at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - Human Resource Management Jobs in Ethiopia
- Working closely with the HR & Admin Coordinator, support Area Office recruitment through preparation of Job Profiles, Job Advertisements, arranging and attending interviews, preparation of recruitment minutes, issuing conditional offers etc.
- Ensure all recruitment related documentation is prepared in a timely and accurate manner including: preparation of conditional offers, contracts, pre-deployment checks etc.
- Create and maintain staff files, ensuring a high level of confidentiality and that staff files are complete, up-to-date and stored safely.
- Maintain recruitment files including keeping record of interview questions, job profiles, job advertisements, recruitment tracker.
- Comply with HR policies and practice within the department, complying with both employment law and SCI country office policy and provide necessary support to the staff as required.
- Assist the department in effective and efficient Performance Management System and work with coordinators in the department and to ensure that performance management is being practised on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain good networks and relationships to keep abreast of other HR and Admin related information and to facilitate best practice information sharing externally and internally.
- Be the focal point for visitors to Afar by facilitating travel support to all visitors including staff, donors, external visitors etc ensuring hotel booking, security briefing, transport, receiving guests etc.
- File documents and correspondence in their respective file holders as per the established filing keys and procedures.
- Plan, organise and schedule priorities in handling multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SCI resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Facilitation of legal issues of the area office in collaboration with HR & Admin coordinator.
- Ensure office facilities, computers and accessories are in good condition and at all times ready for use.
- Ensure timely provision of essential services such as housekeeping and tea/coffee to employees.
- Ensure that computers are protected from viruses; maintain efficient utilisation of administrative services: fax, telephone, courier, communication radio, photocopier services, etc
- Ensure that administrative support is provided to other human resources management functions, i.e. dealing with post, e-mail, filing and photocopying. Also ensure that HR database of staff information is maintained and kept up to date.
- Educated to degree level, in Human Resource management or Management or Administration or equivalent
- Or Diploma in management or Administration or relevant equivalent qualification with relevant experience
- Knowledge of Ethiopian employment law and models of good employment practice.
- Communication skills both written and verbal in order to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external audiences, including at a geographical distance.
- Good understanding of the issues that affect employee relations.
- Previous experience in recruitment and selection.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to think, identify the HR implications of the organisation’s plans and to respond with an intermediary level.
- Ability to work collaboratively with HR and other colleagues at national level and sometimes globally.
- To have a customer orientated, flexible approach and the ability to foster and encourage this in others.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Solution focused with the ability to work under pressure, quickly and flexibly.
- Mild knowledge of budget and financial processes and the ability to work in a cost effective manner.
- Empathy with the values and objectives of SC.
- Knowledge of local Afar language, advantageous.
- Good written and spoken English language skill.
- Computer literal with a good understanding and knowledge of IT related issues and internet applications.
|Job Title||Admin & HR Officer|
|Place of Work||Afar Region, Samara|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per organization scale|
|No. of Positions||01|
|Length of Contract||One year with possibility of extension|
How to Apply
If you want a challenging career while improving the lives of children, Save the Children, the world's leading independent organization for children, would like to hear from you. Before you apply, we suggest you review announcement of the position and, if you meet the minimum requirements, you can send your resume and cover letter through [email protected] up to July 3, 2014. Please make sure you stated position title of the vacancy on the subject of your email. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Save the Children Afar Field Office; P.O. Box 118; Afar, Samara; or drop your application and CV in person at the field office ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities