Action Against Hunger Jobs in Ethiopia : Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
- Location: Gambela, Gambella, Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
As a registered charity, founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger operates in 45+ countries. The international network of Action Against Hunger is represented in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA and India. Teams in the field combat hunger on 4 fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Care Practices (MHCP).
For our Food Security Department in Gambella, we are currently looking for the following professional:
Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager
Work Base: Gambella
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Project Duration: Five Months with possibility of extension
Responsible to implement quick impact projects in food security that will address Refugees and host communities need and To manage the program (Fresh food Voucher and gardening) in the refugee camp and host communities
1 : Promote the comprehension of food security project in the intervention area:
– Collect and evaluate information on food security and the livelihood conditions of the populations;
– Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations;
– Propose how to meet these needs;
– Participate actively in developing a food security project formulation;
– Contribute towards the elaboration of proposals;
– To critically follow evolution of the Food / Livelihood Security in the area
2: Implement suitable food security activities :
– Define implementation modalities (identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution, monitoring, etc.) and Plan activities for implementation and achievement of program goals in order to achieve the set objectives;
– Organize and supervise the implementation of identified activities (Fresh food voucher and vegetable gardening) in coordination with other departments;
Educational / Professional Background: BA degree / Masters in Agricultural economics, Development Studies, Food Security studies with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian organization (NGOs) out of which one year in fresh food Voucher program and Gardening.
- Proven track record on Food/Livelihood security project management and project implementation,
- good technical Knowledge on need assessment, project formulation and Monitoring, good analysis capacity, report writing,
- capacity to organise and supervise the team,
- skills in Budget management, Capacity to establish and develop a network of professional contacts,
- Good Computer skill, Good working knowledge of English (read, write and speak), capacity to respect deadlines, willing to share information and communicate transparently, Team player.
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours, extremely flexible, able to work independently, have the ability to cope with stressful situations, good organizational and interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to work in remote areas.
- Good knowledge in food security, cash and Voucher, and innovative agricultural activity.
- Knowing of local language (Nuer and Agnwak) is advantageous and English language is compulsory
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Food Security Program Manager” written in the subject line, and three references to the following addresses:
Action Against Hunger– Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, directly in person Gimbi office next to family Guidance Association office.
Action Against Hunger – Addis Ababa – Human Resources Department, (On the way to Meskel flower from Dembel city mall, Behind Addis Ababa Road Transportation Authority Garage ).
Deadline: Monday, 21 January 2019 before 5:00 PM
“Women Applicants Are Highly Encouraged”
NB: Only short listed applicants will be communicated On and selection process includes technical test and an interview.