Accountant at TESFA Social and Development Association /TSDA/
- Company: TESFA Social and Development Association /TSDA/
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara - Debre Markos
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
TESFA Social and Development Association /TSDA/ is Local Civil Society Organization established in 2000. It engages on poverty Alleviation, Health and HIV/AIDS Reduction. The organization would like to employ qualified and enthusiastic Accountant. The post holder will be responsible to successfully lead all the financial activity of the organization and to prepare donor standard financial report.
Major Duties & Responsibility
- Set up chart of account for new project if necessary
- Compile monthly With Holding Tax payable to the tax authority. Follow up and supervise prompt settlement of the same.
- Check account balance on monthly base and make necessary correction as the need arise.
- Prepare Bank reconciliation statements on monthly bases. Follow up the statues of outstanding balance on the bank statement.
- Prepare financial statement (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash flow statement, Retained Earning) quarterly, bi-annually and annual base.
- Prepare and submit financial report for different donors on monthly, quarterly and annual base.
- Follow up and make sure that the project finance properly and on time utilized
- Participate in recruiting and training on volunteers
- Prepare/Develop annual budget for each project and over all the organization
- Preparation of monthly budget forecast, advance requests and annual budgets
Sex : Both
Required No : One
Place of Work : Debre Markos Branch Office
Term of Employment : One Year with high possibility of extension based on performance
- BA in Accounting and Finance
- 3 Years and above NGO work experience in a Similar Position
- Experience on USAID/CVC projects is advantageous
Abilities & Skills
- Well Trained in Peachtree Accounting
- Well Trained in IPSAS /International Public Sector Accounting Standard/
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skill
- Ability to work Independently
Language & Proficiency
- Good Command of Spoken and written English and Amharic Languages
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 26 September. 2021